Full stack developer
Did you know that over 50% of climate & nature data comes from space? In this Challengership, you will develop solutions that help organizations become more sustainable by using these insights and make them more relevant! You are going to learn a lot in a team with highly experienced specialists, developers and consultants and get custom training across ESG amongst others. You’ll be working in a team with deep knowledge & skills on sustainability, ESG and value creation. Your affinity should be in scaling, enhancing and providing data-driven insights towards clients (i.e. beyond Excels on steroids ;-).
With your critical eye and some basic knowledge of data science, you will be of immediate value. We teach you the rest in our Challengership.
Working as a full-stack developer:
Wondering if you qualify? Check out the application criteria for this Challengership right away.
There are the facts
Deadline registration: 14-08-2023
University degree required
University degree required
Industry: sustainability consultancy
Specialism: full-stack development
Tell me more
Do you enjoy tinkering with systems and like to take complex data puzzles into simple steps or processes? That’s exactly what you will be doing in this Challengership for the sustainability sector.
In fact, you will delve into client questions and solve them with your expertise. Think of:
- How to support a company in the energy transition, including their supply chains?
- How to calculate equal pay?
- How to gain insights from all the ESG data collected?
- How to use GenAI to collect, analyse & report ESG data more easily?
There are over 500 ESG data points per company, but most of the data exists in Excel sheets only. The challenges that todays world faces are way too complex to be solved only via Excel. That’s why you will learn to work with the newest technologies to gain deep insights in better ESG reporting and solutions.
More about ESG
You will do this for the organization PwC: one of the largest consulting firms advising and assisting organizations on ESG: Environmental, Social & Governance. You will work in a mixed team of developers, consultants and specialists, with whom you will help clients with ESG reporting and analysis to arrive at the most sustainable solution.
But who are we and what exactly do we offer? We are Young_Coders. Partner with PwC to recruit, train and mentor tech talent. We are the kickstart to your IT career. We offer you training and work experience at PwC without having to know everything beforehand. After all, you’re going to learn a lot! We work with PwC under the motto “hire attitude, teach skills.”
Here’s what you can expect
✅ A training program paid for you to become a full-stack developer in the ESG field;
✅ Trainings for specialization within full-stack development;
✅ Comprehensive soft skills training;
✅ Personal guidance;
✅ Gain one year of work experience at PwC;
✅ Great opportunity for extension with 1 year or a permanent position at PwC with endless growth opportunities;
✅ Immediately a permanent contract and nice salary.
A Challengership at PwC is challenging, motivating and above all, very educational. You will be working on large software projects. Do you enjoy talking to customers about their needs, or would you rather spend all day at your own desk programming? PwC is always looking for projects where you, as an individual, can do your best work. You will learn to develop software in a highly professional environment and work with the latest technologies.
What you will learn:
- Front-end programming including ReactJS;
- Back-end programming and data modelling with Python;
- PwC ESG upskilling programme;
- Hands on solutions on sustainability issues;
- How to work with data for clients;
- Provide data-driven solutions that help clients gain insights into their supply chains, to spot methods for reducing a product’s carbon footprint or to track progress on net zero targets.
In addition, you will receive a comprehensive soft skills training, including:
- Soft skills two-day program with overnight stay;
- Individual progress and goals meetings;
- Soft skills exercises and training for 5 months with one class each month.
Sounds good doesn’t it? But when will you be eligible for this Challengership at PwC?
- You have a bachelor or masters degree;
- Studies something with Data Science? Perfect fit! Have you done any other study, also welcome! An interest in data and data management is helpful then ;-);
- You already have some basic experience with programming, preferably in Python;
- Additional programming knowledge is of course also welcome;
- You have an interest in finance and working in an international finance environment;
- You are at the beginning of your working career (graduated max 3. years ago);
- You speak and write English well;
- You live in the Netherlands and may work here for at least three years;
- You are eager to learn and want to kickstart your IT career at PwC!
Does this sound like something for you? Then sign up right away, and we’ll see each other soon!
About Young_Coders and PwC
Young_Coders and PwC are a good fit. Like us, PwC believes in developing talent. Together we only look at potential, the skills we teach you. Do you have what it takes to work at PwC? Then we’ll teach you all the hard and soft skills you need to get off to a flying start. In a team where you feel good and in a role that suits your skills and ambitions.
Wondering if you will fit in at PwC? Sign up to find out if you have a PwC brain!
Registration for this Challengership has now closed.
View the open positions here.
Challenger success stories
“I am finally enjoying my work!”
From construction consultant to software developer
‘I am really happy to be working here now.’
What started as an interest in R led to a junior developer role in the social rental sector
“I like a challenge and I’m learning everyday.”
After studying finance and dabbling in Python, he now works for a prestigious finance company
“You get a sense of responsibility and see that you’re really making a contribution.”
From hobbyist to developer for national projects in a matter of months
“It just felt right.”
From Neurobiology to Data Science
“This work fits me like a tailor-made suit.”
Enjoys working as a Microsoft engineer with a background in International Studies
“What a fulfilled feeling it is when all the features work as they are intended!”
From supermarket manager with a penchant for technology to process specialist in eHealth
“Contrary to my expectations, programming is creative and full of possibilities.”